The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2014

We Are Having a Baby This Week!

I have so much to do! I thought that this was going to be a piece of cake. Baby #3, no big deal. But I realized Thursday as I was having contractions for an hour and half how unprepared I am. Like, ya know, packing a hospital bag? Having a diaper bag ready for my friend who is taking my kids. Not to mention my contractions started at Winco and we had tons of frozen food to get home and put away! I think that was my wake up call. Heavenly Father telling me in a kind way that, uh, hello, you should get busy. Quit procrastinating, etc. A couple weeks ago, I started making a list of things I wanted to get done before Grace joins our family. Here it is:

  • Clean the hall closet
  • Clean out our closet
  • Clean upstairs carpets
  • Set up her bed
  • Get her clothes out
  • Finish my wreath (oh my word, so not happening lol)
  • Get the car seat
  • Finish figuring out babysitting
  • Menu and grocery list
  • Grocery shopping
  • Organize storage room
  • Pay tithing
  • Clean the van out
  • Clean the fridge out
  • Pack hospital bag and kids' bag
  • Organize linen closet
  • Return all library books
And so far...I've not done very well haha. I have a lot to do this week! If I didn't have other kids, this whole list would take about a day. But I have those two pesky toddlers, and they are busy, busy, busy! Like, for instance, yesterday while doing laundry, Ellie somehow snuck a diaper into my load and when we went to switch it, Scott found those gel beads all through our whites...lovely. So that had to be washed again. While I was busy cleaning the carpets, the girls were busy absolutely destroying their playroom. It will never be organized again. So, this is a two week list here! And I have...5 days :) So I should get off the blog and get going...Here's to trying to be prepared but remembering that I can only do so much. Cuz I'm, ya know, huge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment