At the beginning of the week, I posted my list of things I had to get done before the baby comes...I have accomplished more things on the list and also added more...Addy has been going through a crappy sleeping phase. She decided recently that she is scared. Of everything. Fruit flies, flies, bees, specks of dirt in her bathwater, etc. So two or three times a night she is awake, waking Ellie up, and wanting us to snuggle her in her bed. Have you every snuggled in a toddler bed at 38 weeks pregnant? It's not so fun. Anyway, I've been really tired the last few days, and Scott has pretty much told me that whatever I don't get done doesn't matter. Not to worry. To do what I can and let the rest go. I hate that advice. But I'm going to try because otherwise I'll just stress :) So here's what the to do list looks like now. :)
Clean the hall closetClean out our closetClean upstairs carpetsSet up her bedGet her clothes out- Finish my wreath (oh my word, so not happening lol)
- Get the car seat in the van
Finish figuring out babysittingMenu and grocery listGrocery shoppingOrganize storage roomPay tithingClean the van out- Clean the fridge out
Pack hospital bag and kids' bag- Organize linen closet
Return all library booksBuy newborn diapersPreregister at hospital- Clean the kitchen and bathrooms
- Get guest bedroom ready for mommy
I even got my toenails painted. Which I was super proud of, even though they don't look great and I wasn't breathing the entire time :) I'm excited to meet this baby. I want to just not be pregnant anymore. For a few months anyway...
In other news, my husband is amazing. He is so helpful and supportive. We had a three day weekend because of Memorial day and I felt like I hardly saw him. Because while I got things ready for baby and napped a couple times and sat in the shade, he played with the kids and did the dishes and trimmed all our trees and hacked all the overgrown weeds in our planters, etc. He is so hardworking and patient. I am so excited to go to the hospital with him and go through another amazing birth experience. I always feel so close to him. He is so attentive (even more so than usual, and those who know him know that's saying something) and caring. He is so tender with our little baby girls. With Ellie the nurse told him that she was just going to leave because he was doing her job better than she was :) And she was totally right. He's just plain amazing. And I have to write this here because he'll read it when he gets home and then he'll have to forgive me for my grumpy, up with kids for hours mood. And he will. Because he loves me.
That's all for now, I need to go finish up my last minute preparations! Can't wait to be sharing pictures in a few days!

No comments:
Post a Comment