The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Patience


Those of you who know me understand that I am not a patient person. I like things to happen quickly. I like to see the fruits of my labors right away. I'm also somewhat lazy. I like to say efficient, but we all know what that means. If there's an easy way that's maybe slightly less than best, I'll take it. :) This makes losing baby weight a personal hell for me for the following reasons:
  1. I have to work out. Like, every day.
  2. It takes time to see results.
  3. Doing the same workout more than once is just plain boring.
  4. As shown above, when I work out my face turns red. And stays red. For hours. No joke.
  5. I have to work out. Like, Every. Day.
For these reasons, I have just decided that I'm okay with being fat. I'm never going to be a size 2 again, so why bust my behind every time I have a baby (which I do kinda fast if you haven't noticed) just to feel good for a month, maybe, before being pregnant again? Yeah. I'm okay with being a size 8. I can handle that. Except, with each baby, nursing gets less weight off and I keep a few more pounds...and if I do that 5 more times I'll be morbidly obese. :) So, to be short, I have no choice. I have to do something about this!

So for over a week now I have been doing (and please, don't laugh) Billy Blanks' (Tae Bo man) boot camp. Yeah. The first few times, basic training kicked my basically-out-of-shape butt. However, it's gotten easier every time! Tonight I did Power 90 phase 1-2 and it was cake. Which, let me tell you, it would not have been a week ago. So, even though I'm still...squishy...I'm getting somewhere. I'm going to keep it up. I realize that sometimes it takes up to 6 weeks to see real results. This is torture for me. I get done working out and look in the mirror and think "Sheesh! I feel like I should look skinny! But, yep, there's that mom tummy..." and I get a little discouraged. 

So this is me taking a step back and looking at this in the light that I should, but can't always. My body is freaking amazing. Do you know what it takes to be pregnant? To create life? I won't go into the gory details, don't worry. But one fact stands out to me. That thing called a uterus? It's freaking tiny. Like, water balloon size or smaller. And it stretched to grow an entire child! It blew up to 900 times it's original size. 900 times! My body fed and nourished that baby while I was pregnant and continues to do so now. My body can chase constantly energized toddlers around the house after recovering from childbirth. My body is amazing. Because not only can it do all that, but with some effort, it can recover from all that too. I can get in shape. I can shed a few pounds. Because my body works. It is doing what it was created to do. I'll never like my stretch marks. I'll never like that little pouch that won't seem to go away. But I can love my body. Because Heavenly Father gave it to me. So here's to becoming a better me. :) Bring it on Billy! :)

1 comment: