The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Our Week With Mimi

This post-partum recovery has been so easy! I have felt great and have had a surprising amount of energy despite Grace's sleeping habits. So it was really fun to have my mom here. Even though the kids were sick and the weather was crap, we had a good time. Poor Levi got so bored though! I didn't really think about the fact that, while I have a room full of toys, the developmental age group and gender that they entertain is definitely not 7 year old boy...We did get the pool out Thursday, Friday, and even made it to the water park on Saturday. It was a great week.





 My kids always seem to love my daddy. And theirs. Maybe it's just men. But for whatever reason, my dad is the only one who can coax intentional smiles out in the first month of life. I mean really. Look at that face! And it wasn't just the one incident. This went on for about half hour!
 My mom brought some fun things with her. One of those were these bouncy balls. Addy hasn't quite caught the hang of it yet, but she loves just bouncing in place ;) Levi, on the other hand, was all over the yard. Jet wasn't too enthralled, but gave it a good effort for the camera lol.

 Scott was Levi's buddy. The moved pine needles and worked in the yard together, Levi got to ride the lawn mower, (which I am totally bummed I don't have a picture of, I'll have to steal my mom's), which was definitely the highlight of his week. He drove that thing all around! They also played catch together with those velcro things that my mom bought. Levi has quite the arm!

 Juju LOVES "Gracie." He took every opportunity to lay by her, hold her, kiss her, etc. So cute!
 Our water park adventure. We sure loved being there with Mimi!






 This pose. She does this with her hand all the time. Such a drama queen! So prissy and fun. I love her.




 Even fat mom (that would be me) got in her swim suit. I didn't look good, but hey, I could at least get it on, right?!


 Eating popsicles while waiting for dinner. Kind of backward, I know, but hey, it's summertime.
Mimi teaching Addy to dance. It was hilarious. I guess the music teacher at her elementary school taught all the kids this dance and they did it for their principal at the assembly where they celebrated her retirement. Addy is quite the dancer! I'm not a good dancer, so, while we listen to a lot of music and sing a ton, I've never really taught her any moves. She was copying Mimi really well and even adding some spice of her own. It was so fun to watch! I'm gonna have to learn to dance!


Ellie is learning more and more words. It is so fun and exciting! But this is one of my favorites :)


Anyway, we had a great week with Mimi and are so grateful to Grandpa that he brought her and then came and got her. As a bonus, they took Addy and Ellie to Spokane with them for a week! It was so helpful! I'll get to that in the next post :) We love you Mimi!

1 comment: