The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 25, 2016

Beefy is 8 Months!


Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with my kids. But for some reason this boy is just my angel. He's a perfect baby. He sleeps all night. He is 8 months old and acts like an 8 month old instead of the 12 or 14 my girls acted like at this age. He's a momma's boy (still!!!!). Here's some fun facts about our Beefy Eefy. 
  • He has 2 teeth!
  • He cries when mom leaves the room. He picked this up while cutting his teeth and now he's just figured out that if he does it, I hold him all day. :)
  • He can sit up on his own, and LOVES to do it!
  • Finally! He figured out how to roll both ways and actually puts it into practice to get what he wants.
  • He can scooch, both on his bum while sitting (though that's slow) and on his belly.
  • He says "mama!" and "dada" but he said mom first :)
  • He is more stingy with his laugh than my girls were but it's the cutest ever.
  • He copies us sneezing.
  • He doesn't like to be startled, tossed around, etc. He's jumpy.
  • He sleeps on his belly no matter what I do to stop him, so I've given up.
  • He has a birthmark on his elbow that has gotten darker this summer.
  • I don't know exact stats, but he's long, wearing 12-18 month clothes. And he's still got his rolls.
  • He's momma's favorite boy in the whole wide world.

Seriously this boy has been such a blessing to us. I can't quite describe it, but our bond is special. Maybe it's the "I thought he was gonna die" thing or the fact that he's developing at normal baby speeds, lengthening the "baby" phase. Maybe it's the fact that he still lets me rock him to sleep or that he gets so excited to see mom and dad. Maybe it's the fact that he's mine. Or maybe it's all of them. Mommy loves you my big boy! Stop growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment