Here we are, starting out. We were so excited to start our vacation. Work has been busy lately and I was SO ready to have my lover to myself!
Grandma and Grandpa greeted us with popsicles, and Addy enjoyed eating hers all by herself. I normally buy otter pops so she needs help with the wrapper, but these ones on a stick she can do herself. She was super messy, but it was so worth the smiles!
Uh oh, Daddy, my blue one is all gone. I kinda liked that, Daddy, and I want more!
Daddy's offering her a red one right now lol



She travelled the whole yard with that popsicle and let me tell you, she LOVED those popsicles! Maybe we'll do some more today :)
The week at the lake was great! There were a couple cold days, but we didn't let that stop us. After all, we had the hot showers to ourselves too :) Scott will probably not love this picture, but he is so darn cute! And can I say, he ROCKS that life jacket :)
Josh and Jaleta (12 and almost 2)
Katie (11)
Becca (12)
We also had free reign on the water craft. Canoes, paddle boats, kayaks, you name it, we had it! It was so fun to watch the kids do them, and then Scott tried and fell in love. I couldn't get him out of that thing! Levi (5) was by far the biggest surprise though! He could navigate that thing like crazy! He and Scott became kayak buddies and seriously spent hours a day out on the water together in their boats.
Jaleta waiting for dad to get the paddle boat into the water
Addy LOVES eating bananas because she can take her own bites. She is becoming VERY independent when it comes to eating. I think it's cute, but she basically has a full bath after each meal!
Danny also loved the lake and the boats. For a kid who never went swimming in Ethiopia, he has sure adjusted fast. He loved running across the docks and jumping into the shallow part. He did jump in over his head, but it took a little coaxing each time lol.
Addy and Jet loving Grandma. Well, more like Jet wanting Addy down and wanting his mom to himself and Addy saying, "hey, you have to share."
Ready to go on a paddle boat ride with daddy and aunt Ali
Addy wasn't too sure about the whole life jacket thing but she sure loved the water. She was in it every day and she was taken on SEVERAL boat rides.
There was also a tree house that had been built since I've been there that was amazing! It was huge and had tons of fun things to do. I didn't realize it my last year of girls camp, but when we were laying all that bark for a service project, it was for this puppy. I'm so glad to have been a part of it!
Danny climbing the treehouse.
This is HALF of the whole thing! It's awesome!
The ampetheater, which had also been redone since I'd seen it. It was so fun to walk there and play for a bit.
Addy, of course, had to find all the dirt and rocks...

Grandma, Grandpa, Addy, and Jet. Addy has become Grandpa's best friend. I thought that since Scott was leaving this week, I would finally be my daughter's favorite person, but she chooses grandpa EVERY time!
Joo Joo Jaleta makin' his cheesy face. Love this little boy!
As you can tell we had a great week camping with the Lee's! I love being with my family!

No comments:
Post a Comment