I am forewarning you. This is going to involve a lot of writing. This is my journal, in a way, and a lot has happened. Feel free to just browse the pictures :) We have had such an amazing couple of weeks! My brothers, Danny and Jaleta (Addy calls him Juju) were sealed to us for time and all eternity! We traveled to Spokane for that event, and then Scott had to leave for a week long training. I got to stay in Spokane with my family instead of being home alone with two babies :) I'm so spoiled! And, it just so happened that Spring Break for my siblings was also that week, so I got to be there when all the kids were home. It was SO fun. A couple days before we left, we had scouts and I had to make cupcakes. Addy helped. These pictures were too stinking cute not to share. This girl has SO much personality!
Because we have two kids now, and going to dinner with both is less relaxing, I decided to have an at-home-date-night. I was in charge of dinner and Scott was in charge of dessert. Elise rode the front pack :) I made Costa Vida style salads with tortillas from a local Mexican place. Holy yummy. And healthy too! Scott made strawberry angel food cake, but we forgot to take a picture :(
Then, we traveled to Mimi's! We had SO much fun! We arrived Friday night. The girls were great in the car. Addy did really well until the last two hours, and we just turned on Tangled and she was captivated. It's not just any movie. She'll watch any movie, but she still whines and wants attention. But you put Tangled on and that girl is GONE. It's awesome :)
Saturday was the sealing. It was such an amazing experience. This is probably the only time my entire family will be together in the temple, since there are so many of us and such a huge age span. I mean, by the time Juju can be there I'll already be 39...Yikes! So it was quite the blessing. I remember feeling really motivated to do better at temple attendance and I felt so close to my family. Scott got to be a witness, which was also really special. I love being in the temple with him. There is such a special feeling of love and peace that you can't find anywhere else. I fell in love all over again with each member of my family as I watched them all witness the sealing. It was special.
I don't know why my pictures are not letting me center them...oh well. Bear with it :)
Addy has become so lovey dovey, and we love it! Here she is with Cameron :) We talked about temples the FHE before we left and taught her about Moroni and so she was really excited to see him. She kept pointing, and she can even say it!
Here she is telling Cam all about it.
Melt. My. Heart. This girl loves her uncles.
Saturday night, we dyed eggs. Actually, Saturday night we had Easter dinner with my mom's family and blessed Ellie. I got mixed up. Eggs were Friday. Oh well! Pregnant brain never goes away...
Monday, before Scott left, we got to leave the girls and go on a lunch date. It was awesome. I took him to see Riverfront park, which he has never seen before. We really enjoyed just walking around and having free hands so we could hold each others instead of babies' :) There was a rainbow in the falls.
Scott felt a little silly doing this, but I assured him that EVERYONE who lives in Spokane has a picture like this. EVERYONE.
Lunch at Olive Garden! Ever since we went with Cole and Rachael, I have loved it, and Scott likes it because we both get what we want! I get salad (which he eats too, and willingly!) and he gets bread sticks. It was delicious.Ryan and Caleb loved holding Elise. I, sadly, do not have a picture of Caleb...good thing we'll be back for another training in June!
Saturday we blessed Ellie. It was a really cool experience. We did it at my parents' house before Easter dinner. My dad's mom and her husband came too, so that was really fun. I didn't know they would be in town!
Addy getting her easter basket with her bedhead...That girl has got some hair!
The first weekend was awesome :) I sure love my family and you can bet I'm missing all their help now!








































No comments:
Post a Comment