We have had the opportunity to go on some great dates and spend some great time without our older two kids. Grace, of course, still gets to join us. A few weeks ago, Scott's friend Nyk, the lead of a blue grass band that Scott has done sound for in the past, asked him about mixing a show with him. He told Scott he'd set up the system but then if Scott could tune it and mix the show he'd pay him to do it. We told him that these extra shows are great, but they take a lot of time away from family, so Nyk arranged for me to be able to go with and help :) It was really fun to go back to our dating days for a night. I used to help Scott all the time. I loved it! Tuning the system, line checking, taping cables, etc. It was great. Before the show, Scott had looked up the artists and told me that it would be a country show but that he didn't know the two guys performing. The day of the show, I got on the website to look up some info to make sure we knew where we were headed and saw that it was Keith Anderson!!!!!!! Those of you who don't know who that is live sad and sorry lives :P He sings my two favorite country songs of all time! I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe that Scott didn't recognize the name! Here are a couple well known songs of his:
Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have from the whole evening :( But I got to meet Keith and shake his hand. He got a smile from Grace and I helped him check the weather because he couldn't get it on his phone. He was super down to earth. Great guy and I loved the show! It was so fun to do that with my husband. Made me feel like a kid again (I know, I'm only 23 lol) until I had to get up at 6:30 the next morning with Addy...
Saturday Scott asked me on a "stay-at-home date." And I graciously accepted. He planned everything to the T. It was nice to be able to spend some time doing something other than watching a show or movie. I usually fall asleep so it was nice to have an activity to keep me awake! He went on the dating divas website that I told him about a few days before and printed out a game of charades. The cards had prompts such as:- Scott's favorite movie
- Shiloh's favorite band
- Shiloh's best friend
- Biggest building in the place you live
- Scott's place of employment, etc
The funniest part was that after Scott got done making me guess the BYU Idaho Center for the biggest building in town, I drew the card about Scott's employment, so I got to just copy him :) We laughed pretty hard.
He got us some yummy snacks and set them out all cute :) I loved it. I'm such a sap lol.
The best part was when he told me that not only did he spend his spare time at work waiting for an event to start to cut out these tiny cards with his multi-tool, but he took a picture of him doing it :) He's learning. I'm a picture person!
This was the winner's prize. The loser's prize was root beer :) And for the record, we tied. It was delicious :)
Tonight we got to go to the temple in Idaho Falls because the Rexburg temple is closed for cleaning for a couple weeks. We got to do family names for sealings and it was really special. I loved it. And our wonderful babysitter doesn't charge us when we go to the temple. I love her for it :) And it's so sweet to see my girls love her so much. Addy didn't even sleep during her nap-time because she was so excited to be able to play with Emma. :) Ellie even went right to her and wasn't upset at all when we left. So comforting to leave them with someone I know loves them and is so capable and kind. Thanks Emma!
I am so grateful to have married my best friend. I love spending time with Scott. I love him more than anything in the world, and even like him most days :)

No comments:
Post a Comment