I've always known that Addy was the absolute epitome of perfection. But today she proved it! I was exhausted...and it was only 5:30. Bedtime was two hours away and even then I had too much to do to go to bed with the kids. And besides, the baby probably wouldn't sleep then anyway. Addy wanted me to read her a story, but I was falling asleep doing it. I told her that I was so sorry but that mommy was just really tired and could we do something else? She told me to get in her bed and sleep on Dora (she has a Dora pillowcase). She then proceeded to cover me with her blanket and lead Ellie by the hand out of her room and close the door. I giggled to myself and thought I would play along and that she'd be back in a second to say, "Wake up mommy!" as she usually does. But no. 25 minutes later, I woke up with a start. How long had I been sleeping?! Where were my kids? And then I heard Ellie laughing. I called to Addy, who came into her room with a "good morning mommy!" and a hug and kiss. I thought, "oh, thank goodness. They're alive!"
Then Addy says, "Look what me and Ellie did!" And I automatically think crayon on walls, bookshelves emptied, cleaning supplies spilled (guess who's so perfect she can open child protection cupboard things at age 2?). But she pulls me into the living room. Which has been cleaned. Every single thing picked up off the floor. The toys piled on the chair because I was sleeping in the playroom. And she says, "Look at all the work I've been doin'!"
Guys. I almost cried. I picked her up and loved on her and told her thank you until she asked me to quit lol. Not only had she managed to clean the living room but she managed to keep Ellie happy while she did it. I'd been trying to do that all day with absolutely no success (thank you teething). I was more proud in that moment than I ever have been.
And also thankful for her dad, who she learned this from. Each morning he gets Addy all settled with a drink and some books before he showers so that I can sleep until he leaves for work. This morning he even cleaned my stove and kitchen floor. I love them both so much. She made my day today.

This made me a bit teary eyed. What a sweet little girl you have, just like her mamma. I am sure your mom has similar stories from when you were little.
ReplyDelete