The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 12, 2014

Fun With HFMD

I hate being stuck in the house. Which is why I dread winter. And snow. I hate driving in it and it's more work than it's worth to get three kids under three ready to go outside just to come back in half hour or less later. Anyway. The last two weeks of Summer, guess where we are stuck? Inside. My kids got hand foot and mouth disease. For Addy it was awful on day one. She was throwing up every fifteen minutes, or every minute after a sip of water or a dose of fever reducer. This landed her in the urgent care about 7 that night. It was last Thursday. She had to have a suppository of nausea meds to control the vomitting so she could take motrin to reduce the fever so that she would quit throwing up...2.5 hours later after going through multiple pharmacies to get what we needed, we finally got home. She started perking up right away after her suppository and we were able to get some fever reducer down and get rid of her fever. The next few days were much better. She is the best sick kid. You don't even know she's sick. She's a little extra whiny, but with sores in her mouth, who wouldn't be?! Ellie then came down with it that Saturday. Ugh. And a week later, they still have sores. It's been a long week of not going anywhere. So I decided that we had to go somewhere. So we headed to a little place called Monkey Rock. It's a canal that dumps into a river and there's a cool waterfall and a tiny beach. I mean, tiny. Just big enough for our picnic blanket.  I didn't bring suits, because I thought it was too cold to swim, but the girls stripped down and charged right on in! It was really fun exploring and being outside.




 Then we got ice cream cones and ate them at our house. Addy ate hers by Lola. That cat loves our kids so much she doesn't ever run away, even outside. This pic is weird...Scott's finger must have half blocked the camera or something.
 We also took the opportunity to clean our carpets while we were stuck inside. They're super clean now. Its nice. And I've seen less spiders :)

I have gotten quite good at coming up with activities to do inside. We played playdough for like an hour today. I have also found, with the help of my sis-in-law, a little curriculum for Addy and we get to play school every day :) I missed teaching young kids actual lessons with crafts and books and poems and themes and lesson plans! Takes me back to college! We have read SO MANY BOOKS. And learned a few new songs too. 

 Ellie's talking has exploded since we've been home. She doesn't stop! I love it. She says her own prayers, while folding her arms and kneeling down. She tells Addy to say thank you when she forgets lol. And she sings songs too! We are absolutely loving all the surprising things she says. I love when she asks for something I didn't know she could say! And when she says "please" and "thank you" unprompted :)

Grace is also quite the jibber jabberer! And she loves to laugh. She's gotten so smiley. And she loves her sisters. She could talk to and watch Addy all day long. And Addy totally entertains her. It's the best. I guess if I have to be stuck inside there's no one I'd rather be stuck with. I just wish Daddy didn't have to work so he could be home with us to play!



1 comment:

  1. Gracie is so adorable and growing so fast. Thanks for sharing her giggles. Love the mohawk.

    ReplyDelete