The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Gratitude Journal

Aug 26
Lately I have been having a really hard time having a positive attitude. So many things have been going wrong. I started working out and was seeing awesome results but also realized my milk supply was down to barely enough during the day and I had to do a bottle of frozen milk at night. So I had to quit doing my power 90. My milk supply is still struggling. And this was the first time I actually have been enjoying breast feeding and I'm afraid I'm about done. Scott's coworker found a new job so Scott's workload for this semester has doubled...and there are some other sensitive issues I can't publish :/ I can't seem to stay on top of anything I'm supposed to be doing. So, to be sure, I need an attitude and paradigm shift. So this is it. My gratitude journal. I know it has helped lots of people and I'm going to try it :) 

I'm going to try every day to record things I'm grateful for. Today I am grateful for new starts. Yesterday was a hard day and nothing went as planned. FHE got tossed out the window and pictures got rescheduled due to rain (not a big deal. I'm the photographer, but it bothered me). But this morning addy woke up asking about family home evening. So we spent out morning reading scriptures and the friend magazine. It's sunny and warm out and I plan to do pictures today. It's a new day. And I'm grateful for that. 

Aug 27
Today I am grateful for clean kitchens. This is one chore I don't love doing especially since, no matter how clean you try to be, you have to do it every day. But it's done for the day at 9 AM and it looks so good! Ahh. Clean kitchens. My sink looks awesome!

Aug 28
Today I am grateful for friends who can help us through our struggles and celebrate the smallest triumphs like they're the most important things. <3 Today my best friend had me listen to the talk called 'because she is a mother' by Jeffrey r. Holland. It's amazing. And I'm grateful she showed it to me. I needed it today. 

Aug 29
Today I am grateful for my precious Grace who is 3 months old today. Her sweet disposition and amazingly cute grins are just what I need to make my heart happy. Also grateful for another month of breast feeding accomplished!

Aug 30
Grateful for a handy husband who is gonna fix the a/c in my van so my kids don't slow roast like those gas station hot dogs. :)

Aug 31
Today I am grateful for my ability to play the piano while holding Ellie. Because she was not gonna leave me alone for choir practice...

Sept 1
Today we are going on a family hike. So I'm grateful for heavenly fathers creations, great and small (except moths and hobo spiders). And for my kids and how much they love being outside. It's so fun to watch them experience new things!!

Sept 2 
Today I am grateful for motivation. FOr waking up ready to recoup from a long weekend over which very little housekeeping was done. Now I suppose I'll see where it goes...

Sept 3
Today I am grateful for our community here in Rexburg. It's very family oriented and there are lots of things for kids to do around here. We have great parks and a wonderful library. We did story hour at the library today with Nicole and her kids and it was amazing. The kids had a blast and we got to chat a little. It was so fun to watch all those kids playing and learning together and the librarian who does it is great. So fun!

Sept 4
Today I am so grateful for my doctors office. Addy started throwing up yesterday and didn't stop. 10 times between 3 and 7 when we took her to urgent care. I was prepared to do the $35 copay but discovered my office doesn't charge extra so it was only 15. Then they bent over backward to help my baby. We had to do suppositories because she couldn't even keep tyelenol down. So once we got nausea under control I can start anti viral for, yep, hand foot and mouth. Ugh. This girl gets everything. But this morning she feels much better. So thankful for it!

Sept 5
Grateful for the funny lines they put in kids movies for the parents! Since addy has been sick we have been watching movies and I don't think I could make it but for what I have taken to calling 'relief for the weary parent jokes' :)

Sept 6
So grateful for baby smiles in the morning! I have the most happy, patient baby in the world! She wakes up after not eating for hours and smiles and coos at me. It's pretty much the best ever. 

Sept 7
Today I am grateful for sleep. I haven't had much at all lately with Ellie comin down with hand foot and mouth yesterday but I am looking forward to It when it comes. Grace is now sleeping in her bed instead of her swing! It's been an easier transition than I thought ;)

Sept 8
Today I'm grateful that 5 years ago I met the man of my dreams. I didnt know it, what with his long hair that stuck straight up...but that's one of my favorite things about him now :) I am so grateful for my best friend and the 5 years I've enjoyed his company, as his friend, then girlfriend, then fiancé, and now wife. I love you Scott!

Sept 9
Today I had a hard morning. My kids were being awful and I was done. I am grateful for a husband who could tell that I needed help and took the morning off to let me leave the house by myself. And for his words to me that, while he doesn't understand my hormones and the hard time I've been having, he knows it's real and he wants to help. I am so grateful for him and feel so much better than I did this morning. 

Sept 10
Today I am grateful that I've decided to start working out hard core again. I hope I can keep nursing but it is time for a change. I have to do it. And I'm grateful that I've buckled down. Power 90 cardio sweat done and it's only 8:30!!

Sept 11
Today I am grateful for the feeling of sore muscles. I'm progressing in a way I need to go :) also grateful for my country and he freedoms that I have. 13 years ago today our country was the victim of a horrible terrorist attack. I am grateful that we had a president then that was willing to serve our country instead of himself and satan. I am hopeful for our country. I hope we are smart enough next time around to elect someone of character and integrity. Grateful for our freedoms. 

Sept 12
I am so grateful for my husbands support. In every aspect of my life. Even when he doesn't understand my crazy he supports me and does everything he can to make me happy and loved. Also grateful for the chance I had to go to dinner with a good friend last night. And I'm grateful it's Friday! Scott doesn't work tomorrow!!!!!

Sept 13
Today I am so thankful that we live in such a beautiful place! We have been to 3 different waterfalls in the past two weeks and all within 45 minute drives of where we live. Today we went to cave falls. And we got a good picture of all 3 girls, which lately is quite the feat!!


Sept 14
On this sabbath day I am so grateful for church. This will be the 2nd week in a row we have missed wth the girls and their hand foot and mouth. I miss the social time that it is for me to see adult people and have a little adult conversation. But I mostly miss the spiritual uplifting of taking the sacrament. And attending relief society. Praying the kids' rashes are gone by next week! This momma is ready for church! Especially now that Ellie is in nursery... :)

Sept 15
Baby smiles. Enough said. 

Sept 16
I am so grateful for how much my kids love books. We could read all day and that would be good enough for all 3 of us. (Grace doesn't care)

Sept 17
This morning I am really grateful for a supportive and worthy husband. Last night I had a terrible dream. I dreamt that we lost Ellie belle. I checked on all my kids and everything was fine but I was still so upset. But my husband held me while I cried, gave me a blessing of comfort, and watched a show with me to get my mind off it. I am so lucky. 

Sept 18
Today I am grateful for rainbows. Scott's work softball game got rained out. It started pouring halfway in and got really wet really fast. So we hurriedly loaded the kids up. We were all soaked by the time we got to the car. But then there was the most beautiful double rainbow. It was too big to get a picture of the whole thing but I got this one :) excuse my finger in the corner...
And here the girls are rooting for dad before the rain :)


Sept 19
Thankful for my girls. And the fun we have. We painted nails together and the girls really loved it. We all match. :)

Sept 20 
Today I am so grateful for Saturdays when Scott doesn't have to work. I love snuggling in the morning and our bed slowly filling up as kids wake up. I love their happy smiles when they realize that daddy is still home and addy's face when he tells her he doesn't have to leave today. Yay for Saturday!

Sept 21
So thankful for the time I got to spend on the hammock with my kids tonight. They were so happy and energetic. I loved it!

Sept 22
Grateful for my kids' hand foot and mouth being gone so I can visit my amazing friend today! Oh I have missed her!

Sept 22 cont.
I am grateful for good friends. We had a flour fight tonight to commemorate our first FHE 5 years ago. It was such great fun and a great way to remember our story. :)

Sept 23
I'm grateful for help while at walmart with all 3 girls. I didn't have any today...and that's what made think of it lol

Sept 24
For years ago today I married my best friend. He has stood by my side through it all. And we have accomplished a lot together. More than I ever hoped for only 4 years! I am so grateful that I made that decision to promise my life to him and The Lord. And I thought I loved you then...

Sept 25
Today I am grateful for a baby who needs her momma. Addy and Ellie have always preferred Scott. Gracie definitely loves her dad, but when it's time to go to sleep lately she wants her momma. And I love it. 

Sept 26
Today I  grateful that juston has a scout camp out the same weekend that Scott works late so that Nicole and I can hang out. :) and I am also grateful for elder Hollands talk in devo this week that I finally got to listen to today. It was about happiness and it was, as all his addresses are, brilliant. 

Sept 27
Today I am grateful for my family. My kids are so sweet and innocent and I love spending time with them. 

Sept 28
I had a really great experience visiting teaching today. It's so wonderful to be able to talk to someone who you haven't been able to, despite trying. I am thankful for visiting teaching. 

Sept 29
My baby is 4 months old today! And she couldn't be cuter. She's gotten so big and smiley and wonderful. I am grateful for her today <3

Sept 30
Today I am grateful that children come one at a time...being a mom can be challenging! And I am grateful for my first month of my gratitude journal. It has been a huge blessing and I am so glad that I was prompted to do it. Life is happier for those who are grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment