The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 15, 2014

Waterfall Fun

I know I already posted about one waterfall we visited after we found out our kids had HFMD. But I forgot about Labor Day! We went to Mesa Falls and it was a blast! This started our waterfall adventures. We live so close to so many beautiful places! This place was awesome. It was 5 bucks to park but they had a visitor's center with animal pelts and butterfly collections and things. Addy loved it. I felt a little sick. I deemed it the "room of death." Blech.

Anyway. When we told Addy we'd be visiting a waterfall, she wanted to see pictures on my phone of a waterfall so I did a quick google search and showed her some. Most had rainbows in the pictures. She told me that she really really wanted to see a rainbow on her waterfall. We tried to explain that the conditions have to be right and maybe there would be a rainbow but maybe there wouldn't too. I guess Heavenly Father does answer our prayers, and He made my baby's dream come true. At each and every waterfall we have visited :) I love the beauty of Heavenly Father's creations.

Labor Day was perfect hiking weather. It was not too hot and not too cold. All we needed were light jackets ;)




 She was so excited to see the falls from this view. Little did she know we were gonna get a lot closer ;) She loves hiking and seeing new things, and it makes it all the more exciting for us!



 It was beautiful! And the boardwalk was great. Ellie insisted on doing it all herself, and climbed all the stairs on her own. Such a big, independent girl!




 Just this last Saturday, we went to Cave Falls in Yellowstone. It was really pretty. There wasn't much to do because we didn't want to pay to get in the park, so we just stopped and looked. But the girls had fun and we enjoyed getting out of the house!
 Oh my gosh. Her facial expressions.

 My whole world.



 Addy's rainbow ;)


 Addy was so funny on this rock. First she climbed up and said, "Ta da!" And then she laid on it like Ariel and said she was a mermaid. Then she wanted to pretend to be Dora and go exploring. Her imagination is at the stage most kids don't get to until Kindergarten. She blows me away!

 Ellie wanted in on some "ta da!" fun :) She is really into copying her sister lately and we love it.



I am so grateful for waterfalls! They have saved my sanity :) I feel really good about our Summer. We made a goal to get out and do things and we have. I have loved it and can't wait for next Summer! I am so not excited for winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment