The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Perfect Day

You know those days you wake up and just think that it'll be an amazing day? Yesterday was one of those. We woke up and productively set to work getting stuff done so we could play. We cleaned the kitchen and living room and Scott listed some stuff on ebay. We got everyone dressed by 9! And it was sunny outside, and Addy was begging, so we headed outside. We had so. much. fun. We drew with sidewalk chalk, blew bubbles, rode 'bikes,' and ran around our yard. Addy got to scream without getting in trouble (that child has an earsplitting yelp), and best of all Addy did not so much as ask to wear her "tangled dress." I got to see her in normal clothes all day long. :)


 Addy laid down and Scott traced her. :) She thought it was pretty dang cool.
 Then Scott decided to see if our battery in the lawn mower survived the winter. We forgot to bring it in so it wouldn't freeze. And guess what? It worked :) So he gave the girls a ride.




 I love the looks of pure exhilaration :) These girls are thrill-seekers, I'm afraid...

Oh, and wait. It gets even better...Scott then decided to let Addy drive all by herself...Mom was a little nervous, but Addy actually did really well. And seeing as she was literally crawling, I even relaxed a little and had fun watching my girls together. They really do love each other.




We finished the day with a fire and mallows. I even bought real s'mores stuff rather than the fudge striped cookies...also the girls hung out in the tree. They are so fun!

 Ellie LOVED the Kool Aid...Daddy didn't water it down like momma does :) She was so excited she drank an entire sippy :)



It was a really fun day, and Addy's prayers made the whole day worth it. She recounted everything we had done in her "thank you's" and finished with, "Thank thee that Add could have so much fun and such a good day." I love how she's learning to talk with her Heavenly Father :)

And now, Scott has to return to work on Monday. It will be a sad day for all of us. We loved our three day weekend and I miss him every time he leaves. Maybe if I get out the finger paints they won't notice he's gone? But I'll bet I'm not that lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment