The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Addy is 3!!!!

Happy birthday to my Addy last week! I'm clearly a little behind. We had such a good day together as a family. Scott worked all day Saturday so he got to take Monday off and spend the day with us. We cleaned up and played games as a family. We read lots of books. We made a cake and then I broke it to pieces while trying to get it out of the pan (you really do have to cool it all the way, PS). So Scott, who always makes the best of these things, said, "hey, I'll take the kids to the store and get another mix." While he was gone I decided to do cake pops with my messed up cake. I had never done them before and I probably won't again. I'm so artsy, as you all know, that they turned out pretty ugly. But yummy. Addy had several friends over for cake and ice cream. We had a great day.

Oh, and I got out the Halloween clothes. And check out the cutest pumpkin in the patch!
 Addy had cereal for her breakfast :) She got to blow out a candle and everything. Just like I did growing up.
 Ready to make the cake that we ended up scrapping...
And here are our finished products :) Addy was so excited about it that it didn't matter how amateur my decorating skills are!

Opening present with her friends. She was so funny, and Lexi was so helpful! Lex is 6 (holy crap, is she that old?!) and was so sweet. She helped Addy open the boxes she couldn't. Addy just idolizes her!
 Courtney with her little boy Carter (and she actually does say that the fact it was Scott's last name was a big factor in picking it, we love them) and Grace. She's due with her second boy and 4th child in January.

 The present of the night, as always, goes to Mim. Addy takes this doll EVERYWHERE!
And dresses to match :)
 Getting out the legos :) Addy has since built many a castle and learned lots of new words. My favorite are "stabilize" and "courtyard" which she throws around correctly in daily conversation. She's so dang smart!



 Addy got to stay up late with momma after Ellie and Gracie went down to play her cooties game. It was so fun to have that one on one time with her!
 Happy birthday sweet Addy! She is the love of our lives. Well, one of 3 :) She loves her sisters and loves teaching Ellie new words. She loves making Grace laugh. She loves to sing and knows more songs than I do. She loves wrestling with daddy. She loves to eat toast and candy corn. She's my sunshine. Most day ;) I have a 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment