The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 3, 2014

Anniversaries :)

September is a month of anniversaries for us :) We met 5 years ago this September. We were FHE siblings here at the college and for our first Family Home Evening activity we had a flour fight. It was so fun! Scott had a great idea this year to reenact it. It was great fun! The kids loved it and we had some great couples over to celebrate with us :) Here's the 5 years ago and today :)



Well. Four years married. We made it. And we love it.

For our date this year, I got to be in charge :) So I decided on Costa Vida style sweet chicken burrito for Scott and salad for me :) It was delicious. But, naturally, I wanted everything to be perfect. So I spent all day setting up our downstairs. Like, all day. Scott is such an eye for detail so I wanted those dang Christmas lights to be wrapped perfectly. And I finally figured out a good way to do it. I also made homemade horchata, which is a Mexican rice drink that is delicious. 
I also put together a "cuddle basket" for him to open after dinner. We spent the evening eating, playing games, and snuggling under the blanket he got me for our first Christmas. It was really fun to reminisce about our wedding day. I even did yellow and purple place settings :) It was really great. Scott brought me home some chocolate and other treats. It was perfect. 


 It's hard to see but oh my goodness it was good! Scott said that the food and the drink were better than at the Mexican places we like to go. And I agreed, but would never say it unless he did!
 We had this angel join us :) But we don't mind because she was so good and even fed herself! ha!

I am so grateful that I married Scott. He is the best husband a girl could ask for. And he's mine. 

For Forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment