The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 9, 2015

Valentine's Week :)

This year for Valentine's Day my mom convinced us to leave the kids with her for a week. I was a little nervous to be away from Grace that long. The other two have more fun at Mim's anyway. I just knew Grace was going to do something huge while I was gone. And that she would forget me with all the people around! lol. But I decided to go ahead and take it since this is probably the only time that we won't be pregnant and I can actually enjoy some time to myself and some time with Scott! 

In Spokane, Scott took me to a Brazilian grill (It was amazing and delicious) and then forced me to go ice skating. I had so much fun. I did make him hold onto me the whole time though...the idea of trying new things and falling is totally unappealing to me. I'm so cautious it's almost a little sad...


We skated at Riverfront Park so we walked along the river after. It was so cold by all that water! I was grateful to my mom for letting me borrow her headband and scarf! I didn't pack any warm clothes because our date was a surprise!
And then...we left our kids. Gasp. I cried a little...and then I didn't. Because as much as I love them, a week with Scott alone was amazing. We started with a leisurely drive home. We stopped at places we never had before because with 3 kids under 3 you just book it and spend as little time in the car as you can possibly manage! Scott bought me this awesome watch at a little gift shop in Montana :) I love it. It's my new favorite.
Monday night we stayed in a hotel :) A king suite with a jetted tub. It was so nice to just chill and relax and spend some time in a really comfy, private hot tub (barf, right?) We enjoyed it.

The rest of the week Scott had to work, so I cleaned during the day. My entire house got cleaned top to bottom. It was an amazing feeling to start and finish a task! Until about Thursday, and then I got really bored and lonely all day. We saw some amazing sunsets, did some roller blading, camped out in our van (for part of the night until we almost froze), watched some movies, and played some games. Oh, and of course, we did a temple night! It was great! And a big shout out to my bishop who vouched for me when I left my wallet in Spokane (because it just happens to be the same as my mom's...we're besties like that). Here are some pictures I took of the beautiful things we saw and then fun things we did!



Roller blading! I felt like I would have been so cool...except it's not the 90's anymore lol







I made this quick FHE chart too! The pictures are velcro so we can move them around. Addy has really enjoyed FHE since!






And then, these are the pictures I got from my mom. And, of course, just as I knew would happen, grace started pulling herself to standing on the furniture. :( But she's been going like crazy since she got back and I feel like I haven't missed a thing! She's going to walk before a year old, I'm pretty sure.

























I am so grateful for my parents who were an amazing support to me growing up and continue to be while I continue to grow up, because, let's face it, I'm not even close to finished. Love you Mimi and Grandpa!


No comments:

Post a Comment