This seems like so long ago! My wonderful, amazing, beautiful sister came to visit us before leaving for her mission. We loved having her here for a semester and I still, months later, miss her daily. My kids are so in love with their aunt Ali. We had some really fun times with her on her visit!
It wouldn't be a fun week with Ali if we didn't feed the ducks! My kids love going on walks and feeding the ducks with Ali. She is always in charge of the food and I get to sit back and watch it all happen!
Uncle Tony also joined us for some fun. Grace was being stubborn and wanting to walk so I told Tony that he could let her out if he waited for her and I think he may have regretted his decision :)
After feeding the ducks we played on the playground. This boy sure loves his auntie!
We were all pretty thrilled to experience this together! There was a total dust devil. But a big one. Like, one minute there is no wind and we are commenting on how nice the weather is and the next there's leaves flying everywhere. We all kind of looked at each other and thought, "wow, this wind is getting strong!" And then all of a sudden, my stroller is off the ground hitting me in the head on it's way to upside down, our picnic is literally spread across the park (I mean, really, we gather garbage and socks and sandwiches from 200+ yards away) and we are all scrambling to grab the babies! There was So. Much. Bark. Everywhere. I am still finding it in my diaper bag and strollers months later! It was CRAZY. It looked like a tornado as we watched the devil carry leaves and bark across the park. Seriously I have never seen anything like it.
We took a Sunday walk to see what we could find. We found all kinds of animals :) I love living where we do!
Ali put together a treasure map for the girls. It led them to puzzle pieces and when they put the puzzle together it led to popsicles. She's such a fun and creative person. I miss her so dang much!
I think Ali spent the entire week playing house haha. Here she is with "baby Ellie Belle"
Ali and I even got a date night! We enjoyed getting our toe nails done (which is so unlike us lol) and ice cream and burgers and laughing (which is a lot like us).
Playing princesses :) She even got dressed up with the girls. Seriously this post is going to make me cry. I want to go back to March!
I got to drive Ali back to Spokane. Just the two of us. I stayed a quick night and then headed back. I love getting to see my mommy! And I miss my amazing sister who is now in Peru on her mission. We love you Ali and can't wait for you to get back!



No comments:
Post a Comment