The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Shauna and I are super great at scheming up ways to see each other...so when the opportunity presented itself to take a quick weekend trip to Spokane to see Ali off and get away from real life...together...we took it! She came to our house Wednesday and spent a couple of days with us. It was fantastic. JJ is seriously the best. I love him like he's mine.
Shauna is a rock star. Check her out, feeding both our babies!

Had to go swimming with Tony and Torey, of course! Check out all my kids in their floaties! Just a couple days before this they refused, but now even Gracie hops in and holds on! They love it! I've loved having Tony here with a pool!
Scott had scored me and my best friend Mallory some awesome tickets to Josh Turner. It was a blast!!!! Shauna watched my kids like a champ because the plans were previously made. She was so jealous! lol. And, even though Scott was working he ended up being able to sit by us and it was awesome. It was the best concert BYU-Idaho has ever seen. It sounded amazing and I could understand every word, which is something that can't be said often once you push levels that loud and low...

Then Shauna, Tony, Kaylee Crossley (Ali's best friend) and the baby boys headed to Spokane!!!! I got to see some amazing people while I was there. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have had this trip in the books!

Here's some awesome cousins :) JJ is three months older than Linley and my boys. Ethan and Logan weigh the same, but Logan has Ethan by a few inches! It was hard to tell because one or the other always had their legs curled up! lol. Such a handsome bunch!

These are my kids. I babysat them every Friday and a lot of Saturdays, Thursdays, Wednesdays, Tuesdays...you get the idea. All through high school. Their mom was my babysitter too :) The youngest is the only one I barely had. Kimball is now 12 (seriously?!) and Adelaide (who I named my girlie after) is so grown up and friendly and bubbly and so great with babies! I loved getting to know each one of them. Lane, the boy with all the curls, is the only baby I've ever squished as much as Ethan, and he had him by a good 10 pounds! lol.

Jill and all her girlies :)
My Addy bear holding my Beefy Ethan. :) She totally calmed him down and was such a help to me! I love her so much!
It's a Lee tradition to do the cemetery and breakfast on Memorial Day. This year we did it Saturday and we were so lucky to be able to go! Ethan had some ice cream and liked it for the first time! I'd tried before but the cold ruled over the taste. This time that was definitely not the case!
My cousin Jackson is a dad. So weird! But little Oli is so cute and I loved snuggling him! And, you'd all be proud of me, I held this newborn baby and the thought of being pregnant again still makes me want to cry! lol. This momma needs a 2 or 3 or 5 year break!


Everybody was very worn out by our way home and they'll all probably kill me for posting. At this point, Shauna, Kaylee, JJ, Ethan, and Tony were all out! I'm so glad I was able to stay awake! And I loved the road trip with adults! We listened to real music and nobody whined or cried. Ha! Not even the babies! Thank you all for making the crazy trip with me! I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment